Website review

New Brunswick reports nine more deaths in launch of new website for COVID-19 data

FREDERICTON — New Brunswick is reporting nine deaths from COVID-19 for the week ending Saturday, bringing the total to 358 since the pandemic began.

Health officials said Tuesday that 12 other people had been hospitalized with COVID-19 during the same period. There were 78 people hospitalized with the disease, including nine in intensive care.

These figures, however, do not include patients admitted for another reason who later tested positive for COVID-19.

“To align with reporting practices in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador, reported hospitalizations will only include those hospitalized with COVID,” according to a statement released Tuesday by the Department of Health.

The department has launched a new online COVID-19 dashboard, which will be updated every Tuesday with information for the week ending the previous Saturday. In addition to no longer disclosing all hospitalized patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, New Brunswick health officials no longer publish the number of people on ventilators or the number of hospital staff members off work. due to COVID-19.

“These changes better reflect routine surveillance and reporting of communicable diseases,” the health ministry said. “As the province continues its transition to life with COVID-19, ongoing reporting will aim to communicate the risks of serious illness. »

This report from The Canadian Press was first published on April 5, 2022.


Source link