Total Revue Review Policy
Review scores are a critical element to many games success and we make sure we reward a score that we feel is appropriate and is justified with our written reviews of each game. We make sure our reviews provide a critical perspective that represents the game as a whole – this means no slouch in play time and that our time with the game captures as much of the game as possible, if not all.
We follow our own interpretations of review scores which is true for all reviews on the site. Below details the breakdown in what the scores represent and ensure full usage of the whole spectrum of scores available to avoid inflation of scores that may demerit the values.
Each review is carried out by individual writers who are assigned software titles best covered by their expertise. Checks are carried out for quality assurance within the review, though do understand some errors may still be present. The reviews best represent the individual who has spent time with the title and does not represent all of the views of the staff at Total Revue
Below explains the scale of our review scores and how we retain the values of each scores.
- 1/10 “Absolutely Atrocious” – Broken on all fronts, and falls significantly short of the standard of games of it’s time
- 2/10 “Awful” – Provides little value, plagued with serious issues, lazy effort and a waste of time
- 3/10 “Very Poor” – A game that fails in most areas, a chore to play, little enjoable elements and broken. Little to appreciate
- 4/10 “Disappointing” – Issues surround the game, affecting the games experience, shallow in content, gameplay and uninspiring
- 5/10 “Average” – Unimaginitive, unoriginal though executes the ideas soundly. A game that is average all round.
- 6/10 “Fair” – Excels in some areas though fails in others. Execution is decent though is held back with issues, somewhat enjoyable
- 7/10 “Good” – Solid game all around. Enjoyable, ideas are fresh with unique features with a minor/ major issue. A respectable offering
- 8/10 “Great” – executed on most occasions, solid gameplay and content with plenty replay value, has some slight minor issues
- 9/10 “Fantastic” – Highly entertaining, enjoyable with an exceptional display in gameplay and/or gameplay. Highly recommended.
- 10/10 “Flawless” – a flawless execution in gameplay, no major or minor issues, innovative and a definitive game in it’s genre and time
We use a .1 decimal scoring for better accuracy in reviewing games, stating the strength of that score given by our reviewers and therefore the quality of that title. We feel this represents the games much better than the whole integer scoring many websites use. For example, a 6.2 score reveals a lower above average title whereas a 7.9 shows a very strong ‘good’ score that misses out on a vital point to make it a great title.