Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer Released, We Document Everything
We all knew it was coming and it has finally arrived – Activision and Treyarch let loose the first ever trailer for Black Ops 2 – They’ve taken a surprising direction with Black Ops 2 which was known more for it’s on ground gritty action set earlier than the Modern Warfare series. However, thi time the action is set in the near future with a mixture of roots from previous instalments and some new additions.
The setting is around 13 years beyond today, a direction that fans will find to be refreshing. There’s drones, stealth bombers, AI robotic machinery and a global cyber-warfare. It will span 2 time periods – the cold war period back in the 80′s which will feature characters from the original Black Ops and how the villain came to rise through the villain’s motivations. Black Ops 2 will focus on the rise of a 2nd cold war and cyber-warfare which is relatable to today.
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is scheduled for a November 13 2012 release date for the PS3 and Xbox 360
So enough of me talking, here’s the debut trailer:
[video name="Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer" url="http://youtu.be/x3tedlWs1XY" html5_1="" html5_2="" priority="flash" image="" width="600" height="335" align="alignnone" controlbar="bottom" autostart="false" stretching="fill" icons="true"]
So what can gamers expect from the new Black Ops 2?
- Mission success and decisions alter the course of your singleplayer campaign – before, a failure in the campaign would prompt to restart the game. However, in Black Ops 2 the story continues on as your performances in each mission alters the branch that you ultimately end on and hence the campaign possesses several endings and is much more dynamic, offering replayable options
- Near future of 2025 departs from the previous themes associated with Black Ops 2 including drones, Robotic machinery and future weaponry. Multiplayer modes were confirmed to be set in this though no other details
- Overwatch brings RTS into the game – Strike Force Operations mode confronts your tactical ability as you can ‘overwatch’ the battlefield and control units for total warfare. You can even go ground and experience the battlefield ground level. This is an interesting aspect to see how it pans out since RTS are rare on consoles.
- Zombies will have a larger feature in multiplayer
- The story background involves the scarcity of rare materials on Earth – 95% of rare materials are from China. This sets the scene for a cold-war standpoint and a motivation for war.
What do you think of the direction of Black Ops 2? Let us know in the comments below with easy Facebook and Twitter sign-on
Source – Aggregated sources